American Standard 2002.014.020 Champion-4 Reviews
Removing waste cleanly after each flush can be done to perfection with the American Standard Champion-4 2002.014.020 Toilet that offers high-performance cleaning action for better hygiene overall. This top rated toilet from American Standard incorporates 4″ piston-action Accelerator Flush Valve that’s ingeniously engineered for excellence to allow up to 3 times faster water flow per unit time (as compared to standard 2″ flush valve) entering the bowl (while still using only 1.6 gallons of water per flush) thereby creating a powerful flush that makes for super-clean toilet after each use. What’s excellent about the American Standard 2002.014 single-flush toilet is the use of 2-3/8″ fully-glazed trapway that achieves the highest bulk removal rating of 1000 grams thus ensuring that no trace will be left behind while experiencing no clogging at all in the process and for added versatility, incorporates permanent mirror-like EverClean surface with silver-ion additive treated inside out for protection against algae, mildew, mold etc. thus ensuring longevity while also enabling easier cleaning as and when it’s required. Comes in 2-piece construction with elongated bowl meant for standard 12″ rough-in. For a super-fast way to remove waste without leaving anything behind, the American Standard 2002.014.020 single-flush toilet is the way to go.
1) Installation is easy but do make sure to tighten the bolts evenly to secure the tank to the bowl to prevent leaking and rocking movement.
2) Flushes quietly hence will not wake anybody up at night when relieving oneself.
3) Added height makes it easier to get on and off thus comfortable to use for everyone including those with arthritic or weak knees.
4) Plunger system features a round flap that lifts straight up (when you press the lever) thus allowing water to gush into the bowl all at once (about 1 to 2 seconds maximum), clearing waste quickly and completely without clogging.
5) Bowl refills up with water quietly in just 10 to 15 seconds after flushing hence can flush again quickly without waiting.
6) Uses very little water per flush hence saves money in the long run.
7) Features a wide 4-inch flush valve (to move larger volume of water per unit time) and larger 2-7/8-inch trapway (to move larger mass) to prevent clogging. Comes with a large bowl and together with the low volume of water used per flush, there will be no overflow.
8) Constructed of EverClean porcelain hence little or no mildew, mold or stain to worry about.
1) Need to hold down the handle for at least 5 seconds during flushing or else the bowl will not fill up.
2) Does not come with a wax ring hence need to purchase it separately before installation.
3) Comes with a cheap plastic flush handle that may fall apart with frequent use so need to use with care.
4) Does not come with a seat hence need to buy a new one at between $40 to $60 which adds to the cost.
5) Glaze does not cover back of tank or under bowl rim hence will discolor over time if not cleaned frequently.
6) Flushing lever is small and in awkward position hence it’s difficult to activate the flush to clear waste.
7) The narrow bowl is constructed in such a way that it’s difficult to use a plunger when clogging occurs.
8) Water level is low hence solid waste that remains above the water level will not be cleared during flushing.
9) Added height makes it uncomfortable for young children and short people to sit on it since you will dangle your legs.
10) Cheap plastic lid does not stay up some of the time; falls back after relieving oneself.